Last day for SAPPHIRE NOW 2013. Hasso’s spent his time on stage debunking many myths about HANA and brought students from the HASSO Plattner Institute to share the applications they built on SAP HANA. With little time left Vishal announced SAP’s new UI, SAP Fiori. The man behind SAP Fiori, Sam Yen provided a demo. Vishal continued his keynote by announcing the news below.
1) Enhancements to SAP HANA
- New SAP HANA smart data to help enterprises derive real-time insights across heterogeneous sources such as Hadoop.
- New in-memory spatial capabilities in SAP HANA will help businesses uncover richer and meaningful signals from business and geospatial data.
- Expanded SAP HANA One service will help customers and independent software vendors (ISVs) accelerate their time to value through flexible cloud deployment models.
- The completion of the integration of Sybase data management with SAP HANA.
- In-memory based intelligent data virtualization technology to simplify data queries across heterogeneous sources while ensuring optimal response time.
- Expanded SAP HANA Open initiative provides customers the flexibility of choice to deploy HANA with tailored integration into their existing network storage infrastructure.
- Expansion of HANA’s advanced in-memory text mining capabilities for popular international languages.
2) More Tools to Help Partners Sell, Build & Market SAP HANA
Tools and support for SAP HANA are opening up new sales, service and business opportunities for the entire partner ecosystem, providing amazing benefits to customers.
3) HP & SAP Prototype System @SAPPHIRENOW
- HP & SAP prototypes a system to improve business processes and mitigate risks for customers based on SAP HANA for SAP Business Suite.
- Prototype is the result of an SAP and HP initiative called, “project kraken“. Project kraken’s goal is to provide customers additional choice in scalability for large, online transaction processing applications, with requirements for real-time analytical insights into this data. This will allows organizations another alternative to quickly detect patterns, analyze massive data volumes on the fly, and perform their operations quickly.
- The 12 Terabyte Prototype System is based on HP x86 server technologies and optimized with the in-memory SAP HANA database for SAP Business Suite.
4) Advancements to SAP Business Intelligence 4.1
Features will be:
- Unified and highly personalized platform with improved interoperability and usability across the BI suite.
- Powerful visualizations, including SAP Lumira software, that will provide end users with industry-focused visualizations and spatial analytics.
- New SAP Crystal Server software and the Edge edition of SAP BusinessObjects BI software for small & midsize companies.