SAP announced today that it will create a single development organization for existing and new products, drive a cloud-first approach for the development of line-of-business applications, increase SAP’s leadership in mobile and further accelerate the company’s go-to-market for cloud and the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service.
In a nut shell here are the changes in management:
- All SAP development and custom development efforts will be managed by Vishal Sikka (@vsikka), member of the executive board, Technology & Innovation.
- Bernd Leukert (@leukertb), EVP for application innovation has been nominated to the global managing board. Bernd will strength SAP’s global development organization reporting Vishal Sikka.
- SAP Executive Board Member Gerhard Oswald will take responsibility for a new scale, quality and support board area. Oswald will be responsible for the operations of SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. Oswald will continue to be responsible for the SAP Active Global Support organization, the SAP Labs network (jointly with Sikka) and Solution and Knowledge Packaging.
- Lars Dalgaard will step down from the Executive Board and leave the company to become an investor. He will continue to play an active role as an advisor to the SAP Cloud business and will stay closely involved in the future development of SAP’s cloud strategy.
- SAP Co-CEOs Bill McDermott and Jim Hagemann Snabe (@jim_snabe) will become Executive Board sponsors for SAP’s cloud business.
- SAP will consolidate its cloud go-to-market under the leadership of Bob Calderoni , CEO of Ariba, an SAP company, president of Global Cloud Operations and member of the Global Managing Board of SAP AG. Bob will continue to lead the Ariba business network activities.
- Luisa Delgado, member of the Executive Board, Human Resources, and Labor Relations Director, has decided to leave SAP.
- SAP Executive Board Member Werner Brandt will take on the Executive Board responsibility for Human Resources and become the Labor Relations Director in Germany in addition to his role as chief financial officer.
- Luka Mucic will become head of Finance to support Brandt in his expanded responsibilities. The Executive Board has nominated Mucic to the Global Managing Board.
Watch a webcast about the announcement (webcast will be available by May 25 at 8:00am ET).
Read full press release.