It is official, SAP is now offering two new solutions for small and midsize business to utilize the power of in-memory technology. The two new offerings: Analytics powered by SAP HANA for the SAP® Business One application and SAP HANA, Edge edition will give SMEs the analytic capactiy to make faster and smarter business decisions.
If you were unable to join the SAP press conference here is the link to the recording:
0-7:41 – Eric Duffaut, president of Global Ecosystem & Channels opens the call and gives an overview of SAP channel strategy
7:41-10:04 – Eric provides an overview of SAP SME strategy
10:04-10:47 – Eric announces two new SAP Hana offerings for small and midsize companies
10:57-16:34 - Bobby Vetter, SVP, Ecosystem & Channels provides more details about the two offerings
16:34 - Question & answer
Here are the highlights about the new offerings:
Analytics powered by SAP HANA for SAP Business One is an offering for existing and new SAP Business One companies. Ramp-up is planned to begin at the end of February to select geographies, with general availability planned for later in 2012. The new solution provides:
- Predefined calculation-intensive reports, such as inventory analysis and monthly customer status
- Predefined dashboards including those delivered with SAP Crystal solutions today (but at speeds up to 25 times faster), plus three new ones (sales opportunity, stock analysis, and CEO key performance indicators)
- Freestyle enterprise search that enables people to search all of the data in SAP Business One
- Interactive, ad-hoc analysis through the familiar Microsoft Excel Pivot table interface
- Predefined semantic layer lets people interact with data using familiar business terminology, without knowledge of where the data resides or what business rules apply when creating reports and dashboards
- Lifecycle management including an initialization and duplication mechanism, backup and recovery, monitoring, and an administration console
SAP HANA, Edge edition are for companies already using the SAP® Business All-in-One solution. The solution is globally now.
Read the press release.